At Oakhill all sessions are led by a Level 3 qualified Forest School Leader, and we follow the six Guiding Principles of the Forest School Association:
1. Long term, frequent and regular sessions
2. In woodland or natural environment to develop a connection with nature
3. Promoting holistic development
4. Providing opportunities to take supported risks
5. Run by qualified practitioners
6. Learner centred processes
Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers all learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
What our pupils say about Forest School at Oakhill
"I like Forest School because it helps you to learn about nature."
"We help each other up if we fall over."
"We learn how to be safe and that's really important."