At Oakhill Primary School we take safety on the Internet very seriously. On this page you will find videos to help support you in working with your child to stay safe on the Internet as well as activities that you could do with your child.
There are also links at the bottom of the page are for parents and carers to use to keep up to date with Online Safety.
At home you could support our work in keeping the children safe online by:
- Exploring the interactive sites (at the bottom of the page) with your child
- Watching the videos and sharing them (or the information from them) with your child as appropriate for their age.
- Completing the activities together with your child.
- Checking the sites your child accesses on tables and phones
- Checking your childs text messages, photographs, Snapchat and Whatsapp regularly
- Talking to your child about what they are doing online
- Discussing the dangers of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Instagram and discuss with your child why these sites have an user age of 13