Modern Foreign Languages
At Oakhill Primary we consistently promote the study of a foreign language (in our case, French) because of its increasing importance in both personal development and in global society.
Our aims at Oakhill are:
- To enable children to understand and communicate in another language.
- To develop enthusiasm for language learning.
- To develop language skills and language learning skills.
- To give the children confidence in interacting with others.
- To increase the children’s global awareness.
- To awaken an interest in different cultures and life-styles.
- To develop children’s understanding of themselves and their culture.
- To encourage tolerance and a willingness to work co-operatively.
- To give a sound start for further development at Key Stage 3 and beyond.
We have recently introduced a new French Curriculum that is fun, both to teach and to learn. Children start learning in Year 3 and continue through to Year 6. Our lessons our interactive, with children speaking, singing, listening, playing games and completing enjoyable activities.